What is ISO 22301?
ISO 22301 is the Business Continuity Management System standard. Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) has been developed to protect companies from the risks associated with downtime which can occur due to unexpected disruptions or disasters. Disruptions to your business can result in revenue loss, data risk breakdowns and failure to deliver normal client services as per service level agreements (SLAs).
What are the benefit of ISO 22301?
The main benefits of ISO 22301 are:
- Effective BCM will ensure continuity of critical services to protect the business’s income stream, assets, and reduce the risk of further losses due to an incident or disaster.
- Compliance with laws and regulations required for business continuity; and there is number of business clients that require from their partners and suppliers to implement business continuity procedures.
- Reducing dependence on individual because in some business, work relies on a couple of people who are very often hard to replace. But with the implementation of business continuity, the company actually becomes far less dependent on those individuals
- Business continuity management system enables organizations to assess the potential impacts of an operational disruption, to deploy effective business continuity plan and minimize the overall impact to the organization
- BCM provides a framework for developing effective incident response and recovery procedures to ensure your organization can recover quickly in the event of a disruption